Lady Hustle Letter Project
Today at Lady Hustle Mag Headquarters, we are proud to present our first ever #LadyHustleLetterProject. After speaking to many women, we realized that most of them had one thing in common: experiencing great adversity and overcoming it in order to hustle. For a few ladies it has been cancer, for others it has been abuse, depression, discouragement, racism, and so much more.
We’ve also learned that in the sometimes terrifying and exhausting battle of overcoming the obstacles in our lives, we often forget to be vulnerable and honest. Not just with people, but more importantly with ourselves. Yes, it’s therapeutic to vent to your friends, and yes, we agree that sometimes some things just don’t need to be spoken about. But what if you could speak directly to the thing that tried to kill you? What if you could tell that thing how you really feel or felt?
We wanted to know what would happen, and that’s why we started the #LadyHustleLetterProject. Our first project is called, “A Letter to the Thing that Tried to Kill Me.” Our goal is to bring awareness to the struggle behind the hustle and also to recovery, revival, and success after the struggle.
We want to hear from you! Send us a write up of your story along with a letter to the thing that tried to kill you. Now this isn't limited to the physical. It could be a letter to the thing that tried to kill your hustle, your dreams, your family, your emotions, etc. Everything that makes you!
- Your letter should be no more than 500 words long.
- Include an intro about yourself no longer than 300 words.
- You do not need to censor yourself. Be as transparent as you’d like. We invite you to give your struggles the finger at any and every opportunity.
- Be sure to send 4+ images along with your piece.
- You are more than welcome to request that your piece be published anonymously. We respect you and your privacy.
- Your piece should be a Lady Hustle exclusive, meaning it cannot be previously featured anywhere else.
Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to celebrate your successes and cheer you on through your struggles. We got this, ladies!
LH Mag Team
*Illustration by BLACKDRESSWILDHEART